Monday, June 10, 2013

Tire selection and performance from others.

Here are some links to articles that I found very useful in understanding tire pressure ratings and adjustments...  

Dunlop tire recomendations from Revzilla <<<
Motorcycle Safety Foundation <<<  (mostly about street tires)

Motorcycle.com <<<    The best information I found!

Was thinking of lowering pressure for 7 day dual sport ride with lots of back roads in GA.   Not much sand, but lots of rocks and gravel...   guess I might drop front and rear just a couple pounds but don't want to be too extreme.   Guess I will have several days and hundreds of miles to try some variations.

One thing, for certain.   Since the week will end within 100 miles of here, I will leave one big duffel bag of stuff locally to lighten the load.   Can survive one week with minimal long term supplies.  Leaving behind such items as:

2nd pair of boots
loafers
extra jeans
spare camera with lenses
cook kit (will take some food items and borrow flame where I can find it.)

Can likely find 30# of stuff that won't be needed for the week.

Will report back on results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment