Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tire Planning

Tire Planning...   CA nobbie is about shot from 60 days off road and too many highway miles...   Heading to local shop to have street tire installed (After I clean the embarrassing ugly chain...)

Will haul the knobbie but likely will must buy one new when I get to FL before the pre bike week Cross FL ride with CADS (ADV from Cedar Kay to Palm Coast and return on Sunday.  (Called the reverse loop.)

Much as I like to be handy... changing tires in no longer on my list of fun ways to spend the day...    

There's also a 3-day old knobbie waiting for me in Asheville...   No telling when I will work that in.

2/6 update:  MC Friend Cliff Loose is picking up the knobbie from Perry Hebard in Asheville and meeting me in Cedar Key.  Found bike shop in Cedar key and will schedule the install.   Next question... when do I change the front Heidenau?  That puppy has 16,000 miles on it and still has tread...   Do I drive it 2,700 miles to FL or change it out before I leave CA?

Yesterday went well.  VNC Cycleworks changed the rear tires for me.
 Nice job.   Cycle Gear had the 530 chain retaining link for me, and goggles on sale 1/2 price.   Cycle Specialties BMW offered hot coffee and let me see the new 1200RT, just out of the box.  Photos to follow.   

They also got me into their John's Chicken Traveler program when I donated to the $5 project.  more pics to folllow.  Rich (sales) gave me the travel routes thru Pueblo Canyon to Rt 130 and over the mountains to the Cupertino side.  Will run that next week to visit uncles Ken and Fred.  Return route will be back thru Concord to BMW dealer for chain/sprocket replacement.  Dropping one tooth front (6%) and up two rear. (4%) and should have great low-end power boost!  Good for rock climbing.

With those things out of the way, I worked on Daytona housing plans and am now housebound in Modesto for a few rain days.  A separate discussion to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment